Top 5 weird search phrasesSaturday, December 27, 2003
It’s always somehow funny to study your personal site’s statistics. For example I found some weirdness looking at the list of 148 different keyphrases visitors typed in a search engine before reaching my blog’s pages in December. Of course the leading one was the seasonal “Christmas thoughts” which leads to a relevant entry (what a surprise!) discussing last year’s pre-Christmas madness. Well, for me it looked like it was at least two times bigger this year! The funny thing is, that as the time of writing this, my Christmas thoughts page shows up as a result on page 8 of the Google query but it still received a serious amount of visits.
But let’s get back to the topic of this post. Here come the top five weirdest / funniest keyphrases:
- 5. "how is raining happen" - I have a slight ideea because I sometimes open an issue of Geo or National Geographic and I attended some geography / national sciences classes while I was, you know, going to school. Basically water evaporates and... Ahm. Go get a school book or something!
- 4. "mc trigga windows media player" - Hey! Trigga is Cosmin. He's my friend! And he's a Romanian drum'n'bass DJ! He's no MC. At least not here. And for crying out loud what does he have to do with Windows Media Player???
- 3. "baia mare girls sex" - Uh? Who? Where? Show me! This is where listing an entry on "Sex and the City" and one on DuBase's visit to Baia Mare can lead...
- 2. "name my new year's party" - I haven't got the slightest ideea dude!
- 1. "how to do gang handshakes in chicago" - Wait... Let me remember. Well, no. Sorry. I don't know. What? No. No. Please don't shoot me!
Geeky, but funny!