Well, hello there and thanks for stopping by!
My name is János Rusiczki and this is my personal space on the Internet, but you probably figured it out already. The guy posing in front of his computer in the photo above is me, you caught that right too. So it would be around time to get down to some lesser known facts:
- E-Mail: janos rusiczki net (just add an at sign and a dot).
- Telephone: Please ask.
Random things, all about me
- I’m married to Ioana and we have a daughter Anna, born on February 8, 2016.
- I like dogs almost as much as I love cats.
- I love tea
but don’t really drink coffee - I started drinking coffee on a daily basis around the year 2020.
I ditched my Cola addiction in the spring of 2014 - And then it returned.
- I used to try out new beers, but then I stopped drinking alcohol completely around the summer of 2015. After around three years I had to try some new beers and drank one beer almost daily for about a year. Then I had a break, then drank again, then again a break and so on. I had the last consistent break in 2021 when I didn’t drink alcohol for the whole year.
- Musicwise I used to prefer electronic (dance) music (not EDM) but nowadays I’m more like an omnivore.
- I don’t really like horror or violent movies. Except if they’re directed by Tarantino.
About the site
Back in the day, the first iteration of this site was built using Movable Type with lots of customizations and homebrewn scripts. Original color palette help by Meister Adnan with additional styling and some header graphics done by Lucian. The link blog section, when it existed, was powered by delicious via their sweet RSS feed (delicious was dead for a long while - and then it returned in some sort of crippled read only mode). This was by far my favorite layout.
In the second iteration it was built upon WordPress with a fairly customized template. You can find more information about the upgrade in this post.
Nowadays, as a sort of a back to the roots statement, what you’re looking at are HTML files generated by Jekyll from these sources. Read about the switch.
rusiczki.net now rocks 658 pages of content with 159,874 total words.