I spent most of yesterday tweaking and trying to customize Gallery. Which was a bit of a pain in the ass because as versatile this application is when it comes to photo manipulation on-line, customizing it is a real nightmare. A lot of stuff is hardcoded into the PHP files, no templates so you have to search for everything, no CSS usage only table wizardry (the bad kind)… After all I managed to get something nice of it. And I actually succeeded criss-crossing it with Movable Type’s template system… I’m a real whiz kid, yeah! But I’m far from satisfied with it.
Temporary results are here (UPDATE Link deleted). The album slideshow section is not customized for now… And I hope I’ll have the time to tweak it some more a little later.